While this page will display job postings whenever we have a vacancy, we’re always interested in hearing about qualified professionals in our field.
So if you have a background in any of the environmental services shown on our website, we invite you to introduce yourself to us with a resume and cover letter — even if there are no active listings posted below. (We also occasionally take on college interns in related fields of study.)
Environmental Field Technician
Environmental Risk Management, Inc. – Tampa, FL
Environmental Risk Management, Inc. (ERMI) is currently seeking a full-time, environmental field technician for site assessment and remedial sites in the public and private sector.
Environmental Risk Management, Inc. (ERMI) is an environmental assessment, remediation and forensic consulting firm based in Fort Myers, Florida. We are a licensed engineering, asbestos, and geology firm, a FDEP Agency Term Contractor in the Petroleum Restoration Program and a site remediation contractor. Our clients include contractors, developers, banks, realtors, owners, engineers, state and local governments.
A field technician would be responsible for:
- Soil and groundwater sampling
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Maintain OSHA Hazwoper certification
- Conducting field, regulatory, and office research
- Knowledge of FDEP & ASTM SOPs
- Maintaining a general understanding of the applicable environmental regulations
- Oversight of drilling activities
- Oversight of remedial construction
- Remediation system operation and maintenance
- Excavation oversight
- Some field tasks involve physical labor, including heavy lifting of equipment or supplies, operating a core drill, hand-augering, and related physical tasks in various temperatures and weather conditions
ERMI offers a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time and a 401k with company match.
If you’re looking for a place to build your career with an organization that truly appreciates your talent, we look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Biology, Geology or Engineering preferred. However, significant experience in soil & groundwater sampling and/or remediation system operation and maintenance can possibly substitute for degree. Knowledge of Florida Sampling SOPs preferred.
Must have a strong work ethic and good problem-solving skills. Must be able to work independently, accurately, and quickly to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards and professionalism.
- Industry: Environmental Assessment & Remediation, Science & Technology, Environmental Engineering & Geology Professional Services
- Manages Others: No
- Job Type: Environmental Services, Engineering & Geology, Phase I Environmental Assessment, Soil & Groundwater Sampling
- Education: 4-Year Degree preferred but not required
- Experience: Environmental Sampling and/or Remedial O&M
**Compensation commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- Florida Assessment and remediation: +1 year
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter, including answers to the questions below.
- How many years of Florida assessment and remediation experience do you have?
- Are you able to work in Tampa, FL?
- How did you hear about us?